Position Title: Float Family Teacher
Department: Tennessee Family Solutions Inc.
Reports To: Program Director/Designee
Mission: To assure the proper operation of the homes while assigned Family Teacher/Family Teaching Couples are on vacation or while a permanent Family Teacher or Family Teaching Couple is waiting to be hired. The Float Family Teacher will provide the best quality of life achievable by implementation of the Teaching Family Model of care for adults with Developmental Disabilities.
1) Ensures proper operation of the home by implementation of the Teaching Family Model of care for adults with Developmental Disabilities and other diagnosis.
2) Manages the home finances and person supported finances during the absence of the assigned Family Teacher(s).
3) Supervises and trains staff to ensure proper operation of the Teaching Family Home.
4) Maintains compliance with various federal and state regulations, TFS’ adaptation of the Teaching Family model, and various TFS policies/procedures.
5) Behavior exhibits professional attitude, demeanor, and interpersonal skills required by position and company at all times.
6) Other duties as assigned.