Tennessee Family Solutions Overview
The mission of Tennessee Family Solutions, Inc. (TFS) is is to help people with intellectual and developmental disabilities lead safe, stable, and personally fulfilling lifestyles in Middle Tennessee communities. In doing so, we seek to maximize community integration.
TFS is the first private agency in Tennessee founded by families/guardians specifically to meet the special needs of people in transition from living in a state Developmental Center, and people with similar needs.
- A proven track record of serving people with high levels of need in the community (initially, nearly all of the people we served had transitioned from Clover Bottom Developmental Center);
- A strong commitment to high quality, innovation, use of best practices, comprehensive and ongoing quality evaluation, and program improvement;
- The initial support of professional consultants from the University of Kansas who have conducted applied research in the field of developmental disabilities for decades, with 25-plus years of experience serving people with severe disabilities in community settings;
- Utilization of the Teaching Family Model;
- A “family matters” philosophy.
TFS was founded in 1999, is organized as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation, and is licensed by the state of Tennessee’s Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities to provide comprehensive services in Middle Tennessee.