To assure the clinic is operating efficiently at all levels; and to ensure that the agency protects and affirms the rights of the patients served by creating a working climate that is staff supportive.
1) Assures that all electronic patient files and consents are current in order. Provides leadership in the organizing of office systems.
2) Works cooperatively with all staff, doctors, vendors, and patients served communicating accurate information to others in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
3) Works cooperatively to assure that the billing submissions are entered and processed timely tracking the Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP) processes for the clinic.
4) Works cooperatively with other staff to assure that the time keeping system and payroll functions for all staff are accurate and in order.
5) Works cooperatively with the Human Resources Department in assisting with screening and interviewing applicants as directed as well as other assignments as needed or requested.
6) Supervision of assistive clinic staff when applicable.
7) Coordinates various clinic activities including but not limited to annual budgets, ordering of supplies, etc.
8) Behavior exhibits professional attitude, demeanor, and interpersonal skills required by position and company.
9) Maintains clinic compliance with all payer requirements.
10) Other duties as assigned.
Previous experience in an administrative role
Familiarity with Athena (EHR) and insurance billing
Relevant academic credentials or equivalent experience
Knowledge of computers with extensive amounts of word processing and data entry are required
Some accounting and payroll experience and/or knowledge
Ability to recognize natural teaching opportunities and act upon them
Ability to work autonomously
Flexibility in assigned working hours
Ability to communicate through verbal and written mediums
Ability to observe, ask questions, listen actively, and give and accept feedback effectively
A high energy level, adaptability, assertiveness patience and ability to work in a team environment
Time management and follow-up skills with ability to plan, organize and prioritize a large workload; and handle several
Ability to sit for long periods of time
Ability to speak and communicate effectively with others through verbal and written mediums. May include the use of
assisting devices to compensate
Organize and compile information from external and internal sources
Communicate effectively with both external and internal customers and staff