To assure the agency is operating efficiently at all administrative levels; and to ensure that the agency protects and affirms the rights of the individuals served by creating a working climate that is staff supportive using the tenants of the Teaching-Family Model (TFM) of care.
- Each Maintenance Assistant must be able to independently operate certain machinery and/or vehicles, and provide general maintenance including painting, patching and clean up for each property.
- Appliance repair, ability to troubleshoot issues within the homes as it relates to appliances, structural issues, painting, flooring, plumbing and electrical.
- Knowledge of computer systems with the ability to work with an electronic work order system.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Interface with current subcontractor and/or vendors and negotiate pricing
- Establish new vendor relationships and negotiate pricing.
- Manage the departmental budget and enter purchase orders timely.
- Lawn care and minor bush and tree trimming
- Complies with various federal and state regulations, TFS’ adaptation of the Teaching Family model, and TFS policies/procedures.
- Behavior exhibits professional attitude, demeanor, and interpersonal skills required by position and company.